Friday, November 30, 2007

Catching Up

Yes, it's been a long time. When I created this blog I had the suspicion that it would become one of the things I start and never finish. Now I'm determined not to let that happen. In an attempt to rectify my laziness, here is a *brief* update of what I've been up to.

Alex's 32nd birthday was November 16th. Since we're both between jobs right now, we didn't do anything big. We went to the Galleria and had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. That evening, we went to Harrah's with my parents. I won and he lost...it was totally opposite of the outcome we usually get when we gamble (which is hardly ever). Overall, I think he had a good birthday.

Last Wednesday we headed up to Michigan to spend Thanksgiving with my in-laws. It was a horrible drive up. It took about 9 hours because of constant rain, traffic in Indiana (my least favorite state), and fog in the dark the last 2 hours of the trip. The visit itself was nice. We hadn't seen his parents since September. The weather was cold--saw my first snow of the season, even though it didn't stick. Thanksgiving was awesome! My mother in-law is an amazing cook, and they had some family & friends over. As usual, it was a night of good food, lots of drinking & dancing! Alex & I went shopping on Black Friday, but we went around noon. We didn't get any Christmas presents, but we found some good deals for us! We got back to St. Louis on Sunday. Next time we go to Michigan will be for New Year's.
Photobucket

We're still looking for jobs. No interviews lately, but I have to believe it's because of the holidays. We remain hopeful that we'll find something soon.

Other than that, we're just getting ready for the holidays. I'm working on my Christmas cards, and this weekend we'll finish decorating the house and maybe start baking. I love this time of year!

I promise to be better at this. I promise to be better at this. I promise to be better at this. There, that's my daily affirmation for today!

No comments: