Saturday, November 17, 2007

Our 1st Wedding Anniversary!

Last Sunday Alex & I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been a year already! It's so weird, sometimes it feels we've been married forever and other times it feels like it was just a month ago.

My mom has been in and out of the hospital with a kidney stone that won't go away (she's going in for her 3rd (!!!) surgery to try to remove it this week), so we didn't go shopping for anniversary presents until the day before. Yes, we went shopping Labor Day weekend. It was insane. I won't even get into the horrible experience I had in the parking lot, but trust me it was hell.

I came home from shopping to find my gift, Part I: a recreation of my wedding bouquet! It was gorgeous and such a nice surprise. I have informed Alex that if he bought me one every year for our anniversary I wouldn't be disappointed!


Photobucket

My parents booked us a room at the Doubletree Hotel in Chesterfield (the hotel we had our reception) for Sunday night, so after breakfast on Sunday we headed out to Chesterfield. We bummed around Chesterfield Crossing until it was time to check in.

It was so nice--we had the room right next to the room we stayed in a year ago. After dinner, we cut into a recreation of the top layer of our wedding cake (so yummy--white with strawberry filling) and had champagne (the bottle we received from the hotel staff on our wedding night). We exchanged presents and had a very, very, romantic evening. It was perfect!


Photobucket

No comments: