Thursday, February 21, 2008

7w6d...or whatever


I had a bit of a scare Tuesday night and Wednesday day.


Tuesday night I spotted a little after my shower. It was brown and looked like snot (sorry, TMI). It was the first time I'd spotted since I was pregnant. As if that wasn't enough to freak me out, then the cramps started. Right side, left side, lower back. Yep, I was officially worried. Alex was great about it and suggested we call the doctor in the morning. I tried to relax and sleep until I could actually do something about it.


Wednesday morning I was still cramping, but had only spotted the one time. I called the doctor and explained what happened. I honestly thought she would tell me it was totally normal and to just take it easy. Nope. I was told it was probably nothing but that they wanted to see me just to be sure, and to get there as soon as I could.


Now I was really freaked out. Alex and I got there and waited until they called my name. Peed in the cup, BP actually normal, gained .25 pounds. Fine. Wait some more.


Finally the doctor takes me in to get an ultrasound. I couldn't even look at the screen until she said "there's definitely a little guy in there." I looked and not only was Baby P's heart beating away, the baby had gotten bigger! The doctor told me that everything looked wonderful and the baby's heartbeat was really strong. I was supposed to be 7w5d, but the baby was measuring between 1-3 days ahead!


Basically everything was fine. The cramps are normal...just making room for the little baby! Brown blood is ok, pink/red blood is not. I felt a lot better being able to see the baby again, and to find out immediately that everything was fine instead of having to wait. I'm definitely going to relax more and not be so worried all the time. We go back in 3 weeks for our 10 week check up.


I'm doing alright. I'm constantly hungry, but nothing sounds good. I have heartburn from 6-ish to when I fall asleep, sometimes mixed in with indigestion and nausea. My boobs hurt (no, that's really not a strong enough word to describe how they feel) and I'm tired. But this is all normal, and I embrace these symptoms because I know it means everything is going the way it should. I'm bloated and my pants don't fit. I'm rocking either maternity pants or my regular pants with this amazing invention called the Tummy Sleeve. It's this band that covers your pants so you can wear them unbuttoned and/or unzipped. It's pretty much amazing!


Once again, keep the prayers coming!

No comments: