Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's Mother's Day


Today is my 1st Mother's Day with an outside baby. What a difference a year makes!


Last year we were living at my parent's house. We lost power overnight, so it made for an uncomfortable day for a pregnant lady! My dad and Alex made us breakfast (without electricity...they got HUGE points!), and then we opened presents. I got cards and Alex gave me a spa day for the next day. We spent the rest of the day at the mall, just to soak up A/C! The best part about last year's Mother's Day happened the following day. We had our "big" ultrasound and found out we were having a (healthy) baby GIRL! Afterwards, I had my spa day (facial, pregnancy massage and mani/pedi) from my husband. It was awesome!


But this year is so much better! There's just something about having a baby to hold on Mother's Day. Amelia has been saying "Mama, mama, mama" so that's pretty much the best thing EVER! Plus I got a rose bush and family heirloom ring from my mother-in-law, and Alex and Amelia gave me a beautiful watch!!!


My parents are coming over in a bit, Alex & his mom are on a walk with Amelia, so I'm just drinking Sangria and chilling. Sublime!!!


Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

No comments: